7/05/16 Camp Oven or Weber Baby Q Gluten Free Lemonade Sultana Scones/ Damper
Ingredients: 4 cups GF self-raising flour; 160g sultanas (4 small packets); pinch salt; 250ml Longlife UHT cream or 300ml pouring cream; lemonade – 300ml or 350ml if using long-life cream; pinch salt
- Spray a round disposable alfoil dish with olive oil. Prepare campfire and camp oven/Weber Baby Q.
- Place 4 cups of GF self-raising flour in a bowl and make a well in the centre, add salt and sultanas. Pour in the cream and lemonade. Mix the ingredients together with a butter knife to make a soft dough. Add more flour if too watery. Dough is sticky at this stage.
- Place dough on a floured surface and form into a 3cm round disc. Do not knead or over handle. Use a scone cutter or very sharp knife to create the shapes needed. Place into the greased dish.
- Place dish in hot camp oven on high trivet and cook for ten to fifteen minutes until cooked when tested. Alternately place in preheated Weber Baby Q on trivet over alfoil convection tray or double layer of foil. Turn down heat to halfway for 15 – 20 minutes until golden and cooked through when tested with skewer.
- Serve with cream and jam.